Adopt a Dog
Dog Adoption Policy
All of our adoptable dogs are located in private foster homes. Dogs are available for viewing by appointment only after an adoption application is submitted and approved.
To adopt from Young at Heart Pet Rescue, you must:
- Be 21 years of age.
- Have landlord’s permission to have a pet (we will check!)
- Have taken good care of any current or previous pets and have taken them in regularly for check-ups (we’ll speak with your vet!)
- Have an ID with current address.
- Have an adoption application approved by a Young at Heart staff member.
- If you are out of state, you must have had pets prior to adopting from Young at Heart and have a veterinary reference. Some breeds of dogs will be restricted to in-state adoptions only.
Because we strive to make both our adoptable pets AND our adopting families as happy as possible, you may not always be able to adopt the pet you have fallen in love with online. Though it is easy to fall in love with a picture, in real life, you may not be a good match for each other. But don’t worry! We will help you find a dog or cat that matches what you are looking for so that you and your new furry companion can have a happily ever after!
Adoption fee for dogs: $175
Your companion will already be spayed or neutered, tested negative for Heartworm, given all veterinarian recommended vaccines including a 1 year Rabies Vaccine, a 24PetWatch microchip, a senior wellness chemistry panel, and 30 days of free ShelterCare pet insurance. Many of our adoptable companions also receive dental procedure, and any other procedure necessary to get your canine companion ready for adoption! Any known medical or behavioral conditions are listed.
All of our adoptable companions come with a 14-day Money Back Guarantee.
To be considered for one of our adoptable companions, please fill out an adoption application and fax it to 847.890.6404.
Don’t see what you’re looking for here? Check out these other seniors in need of homes!